My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


11/1/06

Cravings and Calories

Let's talk food, people!

Oh My God am I hungry. Not just now- no! Heaven knows I just ate a sandwich wrap with double the meat... And a Butterfinger... And a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.

Now I've been known to eat quite a bit. I'm 5'8, active, and always had a good appetite. But now that I'm breastfeeding I absolutely cannot eat enough to fill myself up. They say you dont need extra calories OR that 400-500 extra will do it (depending on your source). I eat 4 times now what I ate before I got pregnant, and twice as much as when I was preggo. I drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, I drink a little juice to keep my sugar reserves up, and I'm eating as many complex carbs as I can find. Of course I have as much meat as possible for protein (red meat preferrably!). Fresh fruits and veggies for snacking keep me sane (and at bay) until my next meal.

All of this isn't a problem since I'm not gaining weight (I check on a regular basis). I suppose the little booger is slurping the life right out of me! I'm pumping upwards of 5 oz from each breast at any given time. I wish I knew the formula for calories needed per ounce of milk- haha!

Now to the craving part: I want a margarita. Doesn't sound too obsurd, I know. "They" (those doctor people) allow an occassional drink while bf-ing (thank GOD- just went 9 months here without one!!). But for me to crave a margarita, or anything tequila-based is unheard of since The Incident.

The Incident (it's capilitized because it's official) was where I puked tequila for 20 miles out the window of an Nissan Altima, then thru my kitchen and den, my bedroom, and my shower. Jef had to bathe me, including wash my hair (he even conditioned it, the sweetie). Needless to say, after the hangover wore off 3 days later I haven't drank a drop of tequila. That was over 5 years ago. So now do you see the oddity of me craving tequila?

It seems that I am out of food for the moment... let's see what else I can eat today!

I must add this before I go ... Faith's quote of the day (upon eating her 1st ever Heath Bar): "Ding Dong that's good- tastes like coffee!"

travel insurance

1 comment:

The Mother Hen said...

AHHH! Margaritas. That is a huge thing I miss. The only decent restaurant in town is a mexican place and we go there once a week, and every time I tell Dh I can't wait to have one. One is my limit, but they make a great one with cranberry juice YUM!