My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


5/28/07

Naked Me and Other Musings

God no, there's no photo of me in the buff here people. It's safe to read on...

I was just thinking (as I hopped out of the shower and ran past the mirrors to throw clothes on) how comfortable I used to be when I had the preggo-bod. I would look in amusement and awe for hours (seemed like hours) at my perky chest, my little belly bump- and later my burgeoning belly bump, my back was slim, my hips were nice. I even liked my thighs! My ass rocked too. Ok- at the right angle with correct lighting my butt still is kickin.

Now I throw on a towel and cover my eyes and scream as I duck and roll into the bedroom hunting clothing before any reflective surface shows my flappy, floppy, saggy, thoroughly abused post-baby body. Ho-hum.

Even with the diet (grrrrrr) I am not seeing any slimming taking place. I know it's been less that a week. I know! But I really thought something would have changed by now. I've only had grilled chicken, lettuce, tofu, and water for goodness sake. Ok, with the exception of Chinese food on the day Faith got out of school- but it make me sick at my stomach, so how can that count? I just really expected to see something look different by now. I must be a little more patient. The lack of food is making me grouchy. Jef said so. Yes, he's still alive. I was too weak from hunger to beat him with anything more than the sack of romaine hearts I was carrying.

Jef's blood pressure is down from 240/190 a little over a month ago to 129/77 yesterday. That makes it all worth it. That's the goal- to keep him around as long as possible in as good a shape as possible. I need him... and so I suffer through.

He keeps griping at me (who's grouchy?!) that I don't have to eat what he eats. I keep reminding him of the time I was having my gaul bladder out and couldn't eat anything before surgery and my ex was eating french fries on front of me (that bastard). I am physically incapable of doing that to someone. I am not that cruel! (I will eat junk when he isn't looking, like any other normal person would do!).

I am taking BBQ ribs to my aunt and uncle today. You know, just to get the bad food out of the house and all. And maybe I will have a bite. I'll never tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here I thought I was alone in the duck and roll from shower to bedroom antics =) I, like you, was totally in love with my body while pregnant. Now I have a hard time finding anything nice to say. Hopefully we'll both do well in trying to drop those pounds! Glad to hear that Jef's bp is so much lower! He'll need to be healthy for that little boy joining your family eventually, right?

Unknown said...

You are awesome to eat well with your husband... what dedication!