My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


10/21/06

Not what I expected!

Nothing so far- from pregnancy to birth to breastfeeding Ava- has been what I expected. I was never sick during my pregnancy, for starters. I got big as a house, but I managed to lose more weight than I gained back. I expected labor to be loooong- and she came in less than three hours.

So why did I expect to have issues with bf-ing? Heaven knows?! We've had it easy-cheezie so far. She has never hesitated to use me for a human pacifier, or try to suck my eyeballs out thru my nips (I feel like a crawdaddy at a Low Country Boil sometimes). Her latch is so good, the doc at the hospital looked at me in pitty and smiled. She gained an ounce before we left the hospital (6lb 12 oz at birth, by the way) when babies usually lose up to 10% of their bodyweight before they ever gain any.

By two weeks, she'd gained a pound. And at one month of age, I'm guesstimating she weighs in somewhere close to 8 1/2 lbs.

Every time Ava eats- once she slows down and stops choking herself- she starts making cute little crocodile noises, all squeaky and gruntie. Then, after she falls off the boob, she gets this look of utter-contentment... hence the milk-induced coma blog name. Glazed eyes and all, that boobie-milk must be some awsomely tasty stuff. No, I haven't tried it yet. I thought about it, but I haven't ventured that far yet. Big J says it's good stuff... but he also drinks vodka strait, so I don't take his taste-bud opinion for much.

Guess who's hungry again?! I swear, this kid is sooo lucky. Eat, eat, eat, grunt, poop, sleep, eat some more.... What a life!

No comments: