My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


12/15/06

Soaps Not Used for Bathing

I have managed to avoid getting caught in the trap of soap operas for almost 28 years. But eventually, they will suck you in. And there's nothing you can do about it!

My grandmother always watched the Young and the Restless when I was growing up. My cousins and I would go outside, or sit around and play with toys while she caught up on her soaps. My younger cousin Amanda would sometimes watch Y&R with grandmother, but I would have much rather played in a tree or in the sandbox or polished silver- anything!

My mom would make time each summer when she was out of work to watch the soaps... and by the time she caught up with each of them it was time for her to go back to school. Now that she's retired, she gets in her hour of the Y&R daily. Before Jef became happily unemployed I would go visit her everyday (she's within walking distance for those who didn't know) and we'd watch Food Network until 12:30- then it was time for Y&R.

So now that Jef is home we've wandered into the land of Y&R. It started as a joke- we always say the name "Jack Abbot" like Forrest Gump would have said it (Jaak-Abuuut!). We have a whole routine set up with just the name Jack Abbot! It's too much to try to explain here, but it's like 2 drunken sounding Forrest Gumps saying "Jaak-Abbuuut" and "Jabot" (Juhh-Bow) and then laughing like heyenas. Faith thinks we've lost our minds when we do this.

The worst part about all of this is that I cant remember all the characters names yet. I know Jack and Victor- they're easy. Then there's Jack's dead father (Mr. Abbot?) and his wife Gloria. Someone killed a lady named Carmen, but I dont remember Carmen. They think it's the little deaf guy, but his name escapes me. Then there is the pregnant lady- I just call her blonde pregnant girl or Jef's eye-candy (he thinks she's hot). There's a professor (Korbel) who's about to get his butt into trouble with that young whiney girl who is his student. She told the deaf guys sister she kissed him. And now flat-haired blonde bimbo chick is courting Professor Korbel and whiney girl is jealous, even though she has a cute blonde boyfriend at home. Cute blonde boyfriend is a P.I. with older cute blonde guy. They did work with Michael, the attorney for deaf guy. Michael is married to psycho lady who has a new little baby. She's all freaked out and cant leave the house for some reason.

And if any of the above made perfect sense to you... then welcome to the world of Y&R addiction!

2 comments:

singletracey said...

YOUR ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! Missed your blogs! Glad your doing good though :-)

Catcha later A :-)

C said...

Honey..let me tell you....Y & R addicts live at my house. My father even tapes Y & R to watch EVERY weekend when he gets home. He talks about the characters like they are real....LOL!