My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


12/5/06

We didn't go... :-(

We never made it to St. Augustine. Blame it on the rain, but it just wasn't the day. I was so bummed out for the weekend, but felt a little better by Monday. There are so many babies due on NW and so many good vibes from all my pals, how could I stay down for long?!

How bout a new Ava pic to cheer us all up, huh? Ok, I feel betta already!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We feel better? No.... Now?....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yeah!

C'mon- her Mommy is a Rock Star- I feel better!

Of course, I bought the onesie... So I guess I should feel pretty good!

Tomorrow morning is Faith's student/parent/teacher/principal council meeting. She's having a heck of a time reading, and they've called a conference to "help" her. Her grades have been falling gradually since 1st grade, and now (that they must pass the 3rd grade CRCT Test) they are concerned. We have a tutor, I go over the phonetics of reading daily, and now this. I hate to sound cynical, but is this what I get for marrying a D.A. (that doesnt stand for "Darling Angel" either) for Faith's so-called father?

For those who don't know: When I was 18 I got pregnant with Faith, married her "father" and divorced him almost 5 years later. He was a doofus... he could barely read at a 9th grade level (didnt know THAT when I was dating him). Now, after getting remarried to my hero, and the man of my dreams who took Faith in as his own, I am left with the aftermath of a child who is falling behind in school.

Can't say all this is genetic- I think she had crappy teachers in 1st and 2nd grade. Now that she's in 3rd, we're playing "ketchup" (better that mustard she says). Ironically enough its with a girl I went to school with in high school! Heather is a sweetie. Too sweet, in fact. She was a cheerleader, yearbook editor (beat yours truly) and an all around goodie-goodie. Sigh- And now she's the one who I am relying on to bring Faith up to speed. Life is full of Tom-Foolery, huh?!

My youngest calls, so I must dash...

2 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

She is such a cutie! Good luck at that meeting, can't be much fun to listen to people critique your child. As long as you are getting her good extra help, she will catch it soon and then her reading will just take off! It's almost like something has to click in the brain and then they say Oh I get it, and then it becomes easier.

Unknown said...

What a cute little one you have there!!! Awesome tshirt too :)