My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


2/9/07

Highs and Lows

This has definately been a week of ups and downs.

Let's get the downs out of the way:

  1. My horse that I'd had for almost 15 years died.
  2. My loan that I have been working on for 2 months now has been going back and forth between circling the drain to A-ok, making me CrAzY!!
  3. They dont make Pokemon cakes at my local grocery store anymore.
  4. Jef's car (the WV) is about to crap out.

And now for the good stuff:

  1. Jef is driving my dad's VW cabrio while his is in the shop.
  2. I have almost enough artistic ability to be able to draw a Pikachu on a cake with frosting- I think?!
  3. Because the horse died, I of course have to replace the void left in my life with another animal... like an Alpaca. More on that another day!
  4. Oh yeah- the whole reason for baking a cake and decorating it- and the highlight of my day... FAITH'S BIRTHDAY IS TODAY!

Yes, my big baby is 9 years old. She was the pee-wee of the bunch when she was born, weighing just 5lb 14oz. She lost down to 5lb 7oz before we made it home, had slight jaundice, and scared the hell out of me with a heart murmur (that later healed itself). She's done nothing but grow, eat, and make silly jokes ever since. She's got a knack for saying the silliest things at all the right times.

Let me share some of my favorite "Faith-isms" with you:

After watching an episode of Who's Line Is It Anyway, Faith sang a line from the "Hoe-Down" for weeks: "That's what you get for marrying your sister's brother's cousin!!"

When going to a random relatives visitation at the funeral home, she said "I'm sure gonna miss Uncle Daddy Beauregard". She was 4, by the way. And the person wasnt her uncle, her daddy, or a Beauregard.

She called Jef "bird-man" for a year when we first got married. We still dont know why!

After using the restroom (and doing a #2) in Gatlinburg at the Western Sizzler, she proudly exclaims to Jef (who's half-way across the restaurant), "Hey Jef, I let one go!"

"Mom, you have the greatest eyebrows. Don't pluck them all off like Aunt Sue-- I like them furry".

"Mom, I've got two words for you: You're great with kids!"

And last, but not least... Last nite she was commenting on how she was born on the 9th, and Jef and Ava on the 19th and I was born on the 6th which is an upsidedown nine... "That's so neet that everything has a 9 in it... it's like were all related or something!".

That's my girl... Whenever I wonder where she gets her personality from, I just pop in an old tape of me when I was her age... bless her heart!

2 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

You Must be a great mom, because you have great kids!!! Miranda turned 10 on the 7th. Sounds like they would like each other a lot. Miranda is the quirkiest girl I know!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Faith!!!! I would love to see a picture of her!!! Sorry you are having an up and down week... I hope things calm down for you soon....