My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


4/12/07

As His Packing Gently Weeps

To catch you up to speed, Jef went to the doc yesterday and had his nose cauterized 3-4 times. That did nothing for the bleeding (if you're timing this, he's up to 27 hours of his nose bleeding). The doc finally decided to shove 6 feet of gauze up his nose (yes, I said 6 feet). The bleeding was coming from about 2.3 of the way back in his sinuses, and was definitely from his sinus infection being "overly irritated" (understatement?!). That seemed to do it, and Jef came home.

Then the other side started to bleed.

After a few choice words from me, Jef called and decided to head back to the doctor. Before he could get there, it seemed to let up so he reversed course and came home. The doctor felt it was just seeping over from the other side.

Jef got a good nap on the couch, and make it thru about half the night without further incident (other than his face bruising and his eye nearly swelling shut from the pressure of the packing). Then he started hacking up blood and blood clots again. He spend most of the nite in the bathroom or on the couch. However, my brave fella has decided to go to work today and tuff it out. I don't understand that one, but who am I to tell him what to do?

The funny thing is (and there is always a funny thing) MY nose is stopped up on the side he has all his packing in. It's been stopped up on that side since he had his nose-tampon put in. I guess it serves me right to have nose sympathy... he did throw up for me a lot while I was preggo. It's the very least I can do.

Hopefully, there will not be a 4th installment of the nose-saga, but if there is hopefully I wont have to insult Eric Clapton to name it!

No comments: