My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


5/14/07

Post Mother's Day Blog

Mother's Day was pretty quiet this year. Jef kept asking me what I wanted, and I really had no clue. I told him grab a bottle of champagne (Moet Pleeze!) and we'd sit on the back deck after the kids had gone to sleep Saturday night, just like old times. Well, Friday Big J came down with the crud again, so he didn't feel up to anything all weekend. I felt really bad for the guy... but what's a girl to do?!

Faith made me a "surprise" cake at school (fundraiser kinda deal they do every year- I'm familiar with the drill... plus I gave her the cash for it *wink*). She also made me a bunch of cards and a "guitar" out of a shoe box, toilet tissue roll, and cotton. It was adorable!! Ava got me purple tulips with a little help from "dada". So, truly everything was perfect.

I was going to buy my mom a gift, but my father (Mr. Helper) went and bought her a mother's ring with all of our birthstones in it for me to give her. Of course, he didn't consult me, but who am I to complain? He did manage to leave my sister's birthstone off (she passed away in 1972 shortly after birth). So, today he (I mean "I"- we aren't telling mom he bought it) is going to have another stone popped in for Julie.

Ava has figured out how to pull up on furniture. I wasn't over the shock of her crawling yet, and POP there she goes up the side of the chair. Where did that tiny little baby of mine go?

And speaking of babies... Jef and I had the "additional baby" discussion. After harassing each other all day about Ava needing/wanting a sibling more her age (here, harass falls under the "I wouldn't tease you if I didn't love you" category) he finally spoke his mind. It went kind of like this:

J: (Watching VH1 One Hit Wonders, out of the blue he says...) I want us back on our feet financially before we have another.
A: (did he just say have another?... Continue smiling, don't interrupt!)
J: I mean, it'd be great to have a little boy running around. A little buddy!
A: (Who brain washed him? Where's the real Jef?)
J: Of course a girl would be perfect too. I love babies- you know that!
A: Oh yeah!
J: Aww, a little buddy. Little boys always love their mamas!
A: (Sigh...) Yeah.

5 comments:

Supermom said...

I got goose bumps AND tears. Hooray for big soft hearted dads. I have to live vicariously through you. There are no more babies coming to our house!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a good mother's day. Hopefully Jef is feeling better... so sounds like someday there will be another little one running around????

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, oh yea, oh yea!! Matt had a similar change of heart not too long ago himself. Now, if the stars align just perfectly, we'll be preggie buddies again, but this time you have the boy and I'll have the girl, ok? Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

ohhh, A, I LOVE this post! First, Mom's Day sounds PERFECT. I LOVE the Homemade Guitar sounds incredible! Now, about the additional baby discussion...oooohhhhh, kids have a way of melting hearts...LOL. Amazing how we go from 2's enough to maybe a little later & we will "work" on #3. YAHOOOO!