My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


6/21/07

Just Give Me Another Week...

... And jam that other week in between now and Saturday night! There is a wad to do for the reunion, and that saying "time is of the essence" is blaring in my head like a static-filled radio signal. I am not a procrastinator, usually. I am not behind now... It's just know that I must rely on 4 other people to help me pull this off-- The 2 Out of Towners, The Heavily Pregnant Chick, and the Ditsy Blonde-- that makes me worry. Just a little. Hey, at least if it doesn't go well I don't have to see these dipshits for 10 more years- if then!

I don't have a clue why this reunion has become all important to me. In high school I wasn't a jock, but I was a top notch athlete. I was a nerd, but I wasn't walking around with my glasses taped together and a pocket protector. I wasn't cool, but I was well known. I was very shy. I know THAT is hard to believe, but I was dreadfully shy. A bad marriage and terrible divorce will bring out the self-confidence though. I really guess I just have something to prove to these people. I know these people care less if I am well-adjusted (I'm laughing too!), confident, happy, and a lot cooler than they are. But, I guess I need to see it all for myself.

On a different note (middle C perhaps? Hummm!)... I am going to start back to karate. Apparently, I am craving getting my buttocks beaten to a pulp. I really need to get back into shape so I can get preggo again and totally destroy all my hard work for a third time. Oh well, it's a decent trade. At least I wasn't as sore after giving birth as I was after my very 1st karate class. Yes, I am being 100% serious!

On a sad note, Jef's brother passed away rather unexpectedly yesterday. He was 50-ish, and it was totally unforeseen. We are waiting for them to do the autopsy so that perhaps we can understand the mystery of why a decently healthy man just falls over dead. We love you Ronny, aka Uncle Hippy!

6 comments:

B said...

Holy Crap! I'm sorry to hear about Uncle Hippy! Is Jef handling it okay?
I hope you can wrap all this reunion crap up quickly and actually have a good time on Saturday night.

The Milk Maid said...

Jef was really shocked, as is normal. He's doing ok, but it's hard to understand why. Sigh!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Jef's brother....Tell him that we are thinking of him and your family.

Estella's Mom said...

Sorry about Jef's brother. Hopefully you can get some answers and better understand why this happened.

As for the karate....WOW! You keep on kicking butt!

Deena said...

Reunions suck. I went to my five year but didn't go to the 10. The 5 year one made me too depressed...although one bright spot was that the cheerleader who was so popular in high school now worked at walmart, had 6 kids and looked like CRAP!
I am sorry about Jef's brother. That is terrible news.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jef's uncle. Please give him my condolances.

I can understand your motivations for going to the reunion. I have the same feelings myself occasionally, but since I live several hours away from my hometown (thank God!), those feelings pass quickly and easily =) I hope you have a great time!