My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


7/27/07

Hyphenated Friday Mish-Mash

Ava said "mama". Well, it's more like "mum-mum" but I'm cool with that. Anything is better than being called "cat".

As I sit watching Ava toss freshly washed bottles onto the wood floor (after taste testing and making sure they are empty) I try to remember what the awesome question I asked Jef was the other day via text message. He doesn't remember, and I don't remember, and I've long since erased those old texts to make room for more. This will plague me for days to come.

Who's idea was it to make babies so much faster at grabbing than their parents are at stopping them? No, not the question I was contemplating earlier, but one Ava just put into my head as she yanked half the papers off my computer table. File that one under the same category as why babies eat paper (gleefully), why babies have razors for finger nails, why babies crawl off the edge of beds, and why do babies pinch and kick while nursing. Maybe the last one only applies to my kid.

Ava has decided to wake up on average about 4-6 times a night to grab a boobie-snack and then go back to sleep. Believe it or not, I'm not real hot on this idea. Ava- for goodness sake kid, you're 10 months old. Start sleeping through the nite- there's just not enough caffeine to keep me social on that kind of schedule. You didn't do that as a newborn. What's up dawg?

Oh yeah- 28 years ago today my parents adopted me. They make a big deal out of Me Day. I guess I should be more excited this year, but I'm not. We used to go eat, drink, and be merry. But with Jef's dietary restrictions as they are, and my mother's rectal-cranial inversion, there's nothing we all can eat and no one has much fun anyway. So I shall take the $50 they gave me and go buy shoes or a bra or something. Or put half a tank of gas in my car- whoo!

Just remembered the question I was pondering earlier: Why are there no windows inside the airplane bathrooms? Come on, who's gonna be peaking at 30,000 feet?

--The Milk Maid says you can dance if ya wanna, you can leave your woes behind!

8 comments:

Deena said...

Happy ME Day!That's cool that ya'll celebrate the day your parents got their bundle of joy! Sweet!
Have a wonderful weekend.

B said...

"cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance well their no friends of mine." You're too young to know the safety dance! : )

Happy you day!

battynurse said...

I like that, rectal cranial inversion. Funny. Happy me day sounds good. My family (since we didn't celebrate birthdays etc) always did up a big family day thing which was my parents anniversary.
Oh and I like the safety dance reminder. Hope Ava starts sleeping all night again.

Estella's Mom said...

Yeah, Happy ME Day! That is pretty neat.

Funny you should blog about trying to grab things before they topple. I have a big goose egg on my shin because Estella dropped her rubber duck in Wal-Mart today and I banged my leg into the shopping cart trying to keep it from hitting the ground...and I've dug paper out of her mouth more than once.

Ava makes Estella look like a sound sleeper. I only have to do 2 feedings each night. I hope she gives you a break soon.

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time Ava said "mama". I mean, honestly. I don't recall you ever mentioning how Jef whipped his breasts out in public to nourish her. I'm sure that all you want is a little gratitude, right? Anyway, Happy Belated You Day! And I totally sympathize with the-frequently-waking-baby thing. It's nice to know that mine is not the only older baby not sleeping soundly on a consistent basis.

Michelle said...

Wow!! Ava is 10 months???? That went so fast! I love the ? about the window in the bathroom on planes. I wonder....

Supermom said...

Right there with you on most of that. Ethan is a pincher and a biter when he nurses. I am in so much trouble when he gets teeth. Lately he has been waking up between 3 and 5 to get a snack. It's only once, but so not his norm. I think it's because he is growing yet again, and he can't stay full until morning.

kittenroar5 said...

Happy Me day! I'm so happy Ava finally got with the program! You'd think she'd figure out where her, um, boob? is buttered! What did you buy with that 50 bucks? Tell me something silly and fun!