My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


3/20/08

Requesting Permission For A Fly By

This week has most certainly gone by too quickly! I am trying to think back over the past few days and everything is a blur. It's hard to believe Monday was the last day of classes for a while. And that K was here just a few days ago. And that I was in Houston with my peeps before that!

Without the internet I had a lot of time to think. A lot. Too much time, in fact! I sort of had an epiphany this week regarding Big J and The Kidneys (still not a tribute band, sorrowfully). I am to the point where a) I am not giving up on the diagnosis being wrong and there being a clear path out of Transplantville, b) Even if the diagnosis is correct, there are tons of people who have had kidney transplants and are just fine- downright frollicky even- that lead normal, happy lives (Hi Mark and Tammy!), and c) We've made it this far together- through lots of thick and thin, ups and downs, and things that were more devastating than having surgery for the second most commonly transplanted organ. We're a team. I guess I just have to put on my big girl panties and deal with being the Team Leader for a while.

I guess basically, in my own little mind (perhaps little isn't the adjective I want to use, let's replace that with vast expanse of open space in which to roll in my own thoughts kind of mind) I've come to a place that is as close to peace as I will get with this whole kidney crap. I've grown as a person, and the adultness of it all makes me want to bathe. In bleach. BB- may I borrow a jug from you? Danke!

On to greener pastures: It's a quiet day at the humble abode. My mom is watching Ava for the morning while I'm out running errands. See me-- I'm out. Running. Errands! I'm at the bank now. Next I'm taking dry cleaning. I'm singing the Let's Do The Time Warp Again song too as I bend the space-time continuum.

I had a super hunky cable repairman come by yesterday. Hot people. I mean HAWT! I wanted to lick his perfectly perky pectorals kind of hot. He even sat down on my bed (the receiver is in the bedroom, no I didn't lure him there I swear!) while trying to get a signal (that isn't perverted-speak for anything) on the converter box (I'm digging a hole for myself aren't I?). Ok, I come clean (don't go there with that phrase)... He actually leaned back and propped himself on one elbow on MY BED as he was chatting with me about my satellite dish.

Yep, he pretty much looked like this:

Photobucket


If I was a single woman, man-o-man, the things I could do to a boy like that. Jef laughed at me as I told him this story- I think he knows perfectly well what I would have done *wink*!


--The Milk Maid is off to take a cold shower.

8 comments:

B said...

You are SUCH a hoochie.

Anonymous said...

If not for the whole marital fidelity thing, I would say take what you can get.

Anonymous said...

Wow, wish I lived a little closer! Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but I'm working my way back. Thanks for all of your support, too. I'm wishing your family the best as Big J deals with this kidney business!

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

Stay away from the cable man!

(And I'm sort of jealous because the cable man who came to my class drug his knuckles across the floor!)

Aunt Becky said...

I can't believe you let that guy go. Shit.

Anonymous said...

Man o man...you one crazy bitch.

I'll fax you the bleach...looks like you might need it for the brain too!! hahahahaha I kid I kid...

twondra said...

There are soooo many great success stories with transplants. I've talked to people who have gone through with flying colors and look and feel great. It's tough getting through it, but in the end, it's worth it 100%!

can you send the cable guy over here?

Unknown said...

We don't have cute cable guys like that! We usually want to run and hide from them when they come to our house :)