My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


5/30/08

Hot-Hot-Hot Friday Mish-Mash

As we age, strange things happen to our bodies. As we have children, the oddities grow by leaps and bounds. Strange hairs suddenly appear on areas that were formerly bare, acne improves or worsens- depending on your skin type, and the occasional hot flash may begin to creep up on you like a four year old with a garden hose leaving you soaked from your head to the creases behind your knees.
I've been privy to all of the above (and more, trust me- so much more), but the worst part of it all has to be the hot flashes. Take one part post-pregnancy hormones, add in a heaping cup of breastfeeding for 19 months (oh sure you stop bf-ing thinking you'll be free of all that jazz but NOooOooo), shake that around with an 86 degree day with 99% humidity and what do ya get?


A little something like this:

"Turn off the A/C!! It's a little cold in here woman!"

--The Milk Maid says what's YOUR caption for Ava?

maybe she can warm up on this exercise equipment! we can hook Ava up to a tread mill and power the whole house... like a hampster in a wheel, round and round she'll go. neighbors will come from miles around to see her, bring her an energy bar, and beg to lease her out for themselves. "PLEEEZE they will beg- let me borrow that kiddo for my house. i need four jobs just to pay the electric bill. pooey and poo poo poo!"

10 comments:

B said...

It was freaking hot today. I'm not having hot flashes..but i'm miserable.

twondra said...

You're so cute. :) Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ava is like our perfect solution to the energy crisis in America. She's like a God. I think you're on to something!

Heather said...

BOY do we understand down here in Texas!! IT is HOT HOT HOT!!!
Poor cold little baby girl!

Mamato2 said...

"Really Mom, do you have to buy me something at EVERY yard sale?" ;)


She's precious!

battynurse said...

Oh how I hate hot flashes. Especially when the weather is hot. And I love the caption for Ava, so freaking funny.

Aunt Becky said...

My hormones are a-raging. Just in time for summer :)

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

I'm signing up for Clomid soon, so I don't even want to think about it!

And Ava... damn she is cute. Are you sure I can't have her?

Unknown said...

What a cutie!!! I just love her!

Deena said...

There's my Friday Mish Mash girl!
Hot Flashes suck. Especially in the summer!