My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


2/24/07

Best Laid Plans

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Of course the best-laid plans of a mom and baby are never set in stone TO go awry.

As I mentioned yesterday-- Jef is working, Faith is gone, and it's just me and Ava (and the cat, but he's being snooty today). I was thinking about going to the Flea Market and getting a free ice cream from dad's booth and deal hunting, but I have quams about bf-ing there (think circus-side show). Plus, to put it ever so kindly, Ava's pissy as hell today so forget that idea.

I need to go to Walgreens and grab some teething tabs for her, but I haven't gotten dressed yet. It's only 1:30 ya know (hehe). There was something else I needed from there too, but I can't remember it so that would be a total waste to drive for 15 minutes then get all the way back and THEN remember what it was.

If you havent heard of the Teething Tablets, and you have, or will have, someone who will teethe at some time in their life near you, then listen up! These things are all homeopathic and help "calm" and "soothe" the grouchy baby. In fact, under the directions for usage is a line that reads "May cause drowsiness in children who have been upset or crying". Heather, who is Faith's tutor, gave me a few to try on Ava. They are far from having the "benadryl effect" but it gives a mom a break and makes baby pretty happy too. (Benadryl Effect: Faith + 1 benadryl = asleep in 5 minutes... perfect for long car trips and nites she's up until after 2 am).

The Vamp-torney incedent ispired some nice adult time last nite. I'm sure my strategic bedroom manuvers are not the Oprah's Book Club list, so I'll refrain from details. We slept very well though. And would you believe I dreamed about buying OPKs? Odd!

Speaking of babies... I was reading Michelle's blog today and went to the baby name genie. All the names I got were Young & The Restless related: Lauren, Shiela, Victoria! Yikes!! Of course I don't need another baby name, right? Haha, never know. Maybe Jef can be preggo next... I'm still too tired from this one.

Ava just dozed off, so I'm going to lay her down and try to eat lunch in peace! Later~

No comments: