My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


7/20/07

Friday Mish Mash

I can never remember if I put a hyphen in Mish-Mash or not: Mish Mash. I'm going to just keep everyone on their toes with that, lemme tell ya!

Faith was watching cartoons this morning (Jimmy Neutron- maybe?) and one of the characters says, "North Dakota is a myth!". Faith shrieks, "North Dakota isn't a myth, it's a country!".

My family is trying to kill me, but they are being really sneaky about it. Jef, my mom, and my dad all have doc appointments on the same day. Jef's getting his blood draws and goodness knows what else, dad is having another somethingerother done to his kidneys (when the conversations starts 'they take this light and stick it up my...' I just stop listening), and mom is having a tendon cut in her toe so it wont curl under anymore. She was the recipient of a botched foot operation 15 years ago. She's just now getting around to repairing the damage it caused.

So, 3 appointments, one day. What are the odds that my gyno will call back and need me to come in on AUG 2nd for my odd pap smear.

Oh yeah, like, January of 2006 I had a slightly weird pap come back. After getting preggo and everything I kinda forgot about it. I'm addressing the situation now. Dr. Karin said it was no biggie, she thinks. But she'll call. Around the beginning of August. Sheish!

Ava is obsessed with the telephone. She yanks it out of the holder and proceeds to poke at the buttons. She was only making noise, I thought, until my aunt called and asked who just rang her number then hung up on her. I told her it was Ava, and she cracked up. At least she calls my NICE relatives. My aunt Sue is like my nuther muther... she's almost 73, walks 4 miles a day, goes to funerals and memorial services to "see her friends" and "for fun", and can outpace me any day of the week.

Here's a funny (funny weird and funny quirky) story: Sue's two best teacher friends (all 3 are retired) are roommates. S&S rock- totally! They would treat me to shopping and hiking and bike rides as a kid. Anything I wanted they'd grab up and lavish upon me! S&S have been roommates for over 30 years. They've bought 2 or 3 houses together. The last house they bought my aunt, my mom, me and a few other random people all got together and bought them some nice house warming gifts. I was the only person there who understood WHY these two roommates had bought a 1 bedroom house. Is my family just overlooking the obvious relationship these ladies share? Or, is my family really that naive?

And today's trivia question is:
Over 85% of all streakers have what in common?

--The Milk Maid says TGIF!

5 comments:

B said...

Let me guess..one of the teachers was an English teacher..and the other a P.E. teacher? ; )
Girl, we live in the South!!! Those girls have been in the closet so long for their own protection that they probably see no reason to come out of it now. : ) I'm glad that they had someone to spoil..and someone who loves them in or out of the closet!

The Milk Maid said...

One was an English teacher, the other was a math teacher! ;)

underdog said...

i have a roommate too! teeheehee

battynurse said...

I had a coworker that was the same way. Him and his roommate had bought houses together and such for 20 years. Surprisingly there were those who really didn't get it and one coworker mentioned that maybe I should date him as he was so nice. Yeah right.

Unknown said...

Me and Kris are roomies :) :) :)