My boobs were my tools of the trade for almost 20 months.

Once my youngest daughter weaned herself from the Magical Boob Juice, the fun really began!

(And by fun we all know I mean chaos!)

Pull up a chair, sit a while, read a few pages.

Keep and open mind and a joyful heart and you too can get pumped into the world of The Milk Maid.


4/3/08

Baby Llama Drama

We added 2 new animals to our collection last weekend... 2 female llamas! Their "real" names are Alexandra Grand and Fantasia. The names I call them are Alex and Fanta. The names Faith calls them are Oreo and Cookies and Cream. Ava calls the llamas "mamas" and "meme!". Jef just yells "Hey llamas!".


Here are photos of our new gals:

Alexandra

Fanta


Llamas do this thing called cushing when they are being transported. All cushing means, simply enough, is laying down. Llamas are great travelers. I kept trying to convince Jef that we should take Murray (the male llama) for a ride inside of Jef's VW bus when we first got him . Jef thought I was insane. However, when the llama girls came rumbling up to our small farm in the back of a Chevy Astro van, Jef got to wipe that little smirk of doubt off his face.

So, what happens when you combine 2 female llamas and a male llama? Oddly enough, the male llama who'd been extremely docile for months turns into a RAGE of HORNEYNESS that has not been rivaled in this area for many, many (many) moons. As llamas are induced ovulators (um- how FREAKIN' convenient!) we are pretty sure that Murray has knocked up both females. The females, once bred, will spit at the male and then kick him if necessary. Pretty much the way humans act, I do say.

Anyways, approximately 11.5 months from now we should have 2 llama babies (cria) on the ground and frolicking about. Let's all bite our nails for the next year in anticipation *wink*.

If you didn't catch the title of my post it's an homage to my BFF peeps B & K... if you haven't seen their fantastic news then mosey on over and give them a big whooowhooo!

--The Milk Maid says K is the leader of the pack!

9 comments:

B said...

NOW I know why K has been spitting at me. I thought she had a tooth ache or something! : )

battynurse said...

How funny about the llama facts. Stuff I never knew. Have fun with your new critters.

Heidi said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted a llama!! (and a pygmy goat and some chickens, but that's neither here nor there)

And the reason why I've wanted a llama--so I can sing this to him/her:

http://www.relaxorium.com/journalpics/thellamasong.swf

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

Llama drama. I like it.

Thanks... I'm so glad you are joining the fray!!!

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

I'm checking out Heidi's llama song. I like songs about llamas!

Aunt Becky said...

Hehehe.

I want llama's.

Can I come over?

twondra said...

I learn something new from the milk maid every day. Have I mentioned you're my hero? :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the additions!!!

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying....is that I need to get a female llama around here to end the drought?